Tuesday 12 February 2013

Gemma Arterton Workout

I hear you had to endure a lot of training for Clash of the Titans. How do you handle the physical demands the studios put on you in movies like Clash of the Titans and Prince of Persia? Gemma Arterton: The way I rationalize it is it’s like putting on a fake nose or a wig. If the movie requires you to look athletic, because you’re an athletic character who runs around a lot, then be athletic. If you have to be big and fat, then be big and fat. In Alice Creed, I’m actually a lot more voluptuous than I am now and that was fine. If it’s necessary then do it. Except that maybe her routine isn’t such hard work, as Gemma keeps trim using a PowerPlate which is claimed to give the same results as a traditional workout in a third of the time. The vibrating machine increases the effect of movement on the body, intensifying the results from lunges, step exercise, squats and many other exercises that can be performed involving the machine – hold the pose and the vibrating plate activates reflexive muscle contractions throughout the body. The makers claim a full-body workout is possible in as little as 15 minutes and three short workouts a week can be enough to increase muscle strength and flexibility and aid weight and cellulite reduction, while improving bone density and blood circulation. It’s what is now being referred to as acceleration training. “For me, staying in shape is about feeling healthy and looking toned, so the Power Plate machine has been a revelation. It is a workout method that fits in with my schedule and helps me achieve my fitness goals, even when time is limited,” says Arterton. “I have already noticed the results and I just love the buzz I get after a workout. I also feel stronger and more energized.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...