Tuesday 29 January 2013

Kourtney Kardashian's Exercise Routine

With a baby, a bicoastal lifestyle, and a business to run, Kourtney Kardashian needs an exercise routine that fits into her crazy days. "I tried working out at the gym in our New York City hotel, which was boring, and I took bootcamp classes with Kim, but they're just not for me," she says . So she decided to return to her favorite workout: running. To help her stay strong for her almost-daily runs and avoid aches and pains, we put together some moves and drills that will work her legs and core and even make hoofing it feel easier. 1. Start Small "I used to always get a chai latte from Starbucks, but I just switched to one espresso shot," Kourtney tells Life & Style. Simply swapping 16 ounces of latte for an espresso saves 235 calories! "I'm allowing myself one serving of caffeine while breastfeeding [baby Mason], and the latte was really all sugar and milk," said Kourtney, who also cuts out other unnecessary calories, like those from juice and dehydrated fruits. "I was eating a lot of dried fruit, and I didn't realize how much sugar that added. And now I'll eat raw almonds instead of salted ones." 2. Know What Works Best for Your Body Kourtney likes the few extra pounds she gained in her bottom while pregnant -- so she's found exercises that will help her keep her booty, but tone and lift it. "I want to try to do squats -- stuff that will keep the booty up there," she said about the classic power move that helps lift, tone and define the legs, quads, hamstrings and glutes. 3. Find a Sport You Love -- And Run With It "I'm big on running -- just putting on my iPod Shuffle and going for a run by my house," said Kourtney, who also uses the treadmill or elliptical at her mom's house. Nutritionist Oz Garcia says choosing an enjoyable activity is half the battle. "You'll be having fun and losing weight at the same time." 4. Pairing Up Makes A Workout Twice As Fun I've been jogging on the beach a little with Khloé," Kourtney says about her younger sister. "At home, Kim and I were going to workout classes." Having or finding an exercise partner who shares the same fitness goals increases your motivation, said Garcia. 5. Keep Your Body Guessing "I started doing weight-training to shock my body into doing something I'm not really used to -- and I've noticed a difference already," Kourtney tells Life & Style. Garcia said it's smart: "If you keep the same routine when training your muscles, you probably won't see growth or a major difference in your body." A good rule of thumb: Switch up your regimen every six to eight weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...