Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mickey Rourke Immortals Workout

Mickey Rourke: I had torn my bicep and I just had bicep surgery. I lost my whole tendon. The operation didn’t work. So I was actually worried about just being able to tie my shoes. It’s one of the reasons I wore a gauntlet up here (motions to top of his right arm). I had a big scar. I’m going to have to have a cadaver tendon put in to fix it. I was arm wrestling some rugby players at four in the morning. We had been drinking at a pub in London and I lost [laughs]. But we became good friends and out of that actually I got interested in meeting these guys. They gave me a magazine about their club. I was reading the magazine. There was an article about Gareth Thomas, the rugby player who announced that he’s gay. I came back home and was watching Pardon the Interruption and they were talking about Gareth. They were saying how brave he was for coming out and announcing it. I got on a plane and I met Gareth and I told him, “I wanna make your life story.” I think I beat the studio out there by about four days and he gave me the rights. We’re gonna do this movie now. He announced his retirement three days ago. I’ve been writing the script for the past year. Hopefully we’ll do it in March. In the beginning he had full days devoted to training and learning sword combat, and on lunch breaks he had to eat and sleep. As for the exercises, he would do: Pull ups for his awesome warrior back Dumbbell rows Push ups for triceps muscles Deadlifts for core strength Box jumps Floor wipes with the barbell as the crew from 300 did Burpee (more of a cardio exercise) Bench press for huge chest Cable chest press Shoulder press Tricep dips for the warrior look Squats for bulking legs Leg extensions for a shredded look Calf raises Also kettlebell swings can improve your overall condition (added bonus)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...